Monday, June 22, 2009

Ironman Enduro 2009

On 21st June 2009, it was the 2nd time my-kart holds an Ironman Endurance. This time, the endurance took a new step. We raced with 100cc and 125 cc karts for 30 minutes and a 10laps sprint. During my qualifying, I manage to clocked 3rd fastest with 1 minute flat. The race start with me being able to maintain my 3rd position until I saw my team mate (A.Muhaymin) behind me. I let him passed to chase the drivers in front as he has a faster kart than me. I maintained at 4th position till my mandatory pit stop for lubrication. After the pit stop, my kart performance started to drop and when the race finished, I was in 7th place.

During the 10 laps sprint, I started from 7th place. Grid position is taken from the endurance's result. As the race started, I was able to have a good fight with the front runner and catching up to them. But a misfortune, I bumped into one of the drivers causing my front bumper to flew off. It affected the flow and made me lost lots of time. The nose cone also came up blocking my view. I have to put one leg on it.

But with this, I learned something new about~ Overall, it is a good race~!

Photo by Zoggee

No comments: