Friday, May 23, 2008

My 1st Bungy Jump at Phuket

It takes a lot of courage to make my decision. And finally the decision was made on; since I am already there, why not. It started with signing this death contract. The steps are simple:
  1. Sign the contract
  2. Weight yourself
  3. Tie your legs together
  4. Hop on to the platform
  5. Platform lifts up to 50m
  6. Reaches 50m
  7. JUMP!!!!!
As the platform gets higher by the meters, my heart beats faster and faster. I was talking to this guy who is an employee that has to supervise everything on the platform. I asked; Have you jump before? He answered; Yes! Many times. How was the 1st time, scary?; I asked. He said, yes~ Now that is not a good answer I want to hear. The platform moves in a very slow pace, suddenly I feel that it's taking so long to reach 50m. The platform stopped. My heart beats are now like a million per second.

I have to take a very deep breath before I screamed out the words; Three! Two! One! Bungyyyyyyyyyy~ After that it's history. The feeling is hard to describe. I would say it is exactly the same feeling when I went for the skydiving. Speechless~

Will I be doing it another time? Of course!!! If I am still young. The next jump should be in the original country; New Zealand. That is my next target.

No comments: