Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lotus F1 Karting with Drivers

I was browsing my Facebook account when I saw an update on John King's status saying that he will be busy the whole day. Morning he will be with Nabil launching his Formula BMW races and in the afternoon karting with the Lotus F1 Team. It strikes me when I say Lotus F1 team on his status. Instantly I replied to him asking when and what time the event is being held. He replied asking me not to inform anyone, because it is consider a private session with the press. And so I did. It was held at Elite Speedway Plus at 4.00pm. Lots of media was there. I was always behind the media, because I do not want to disturb the guys at work. Sanjeev Palar from Engine Block was there as well. It was a short press conference with Tony Fernandes, Riad Asmat, Hekki Kovalainen, Jarno Trulli and our Malaysian driver Fairuz Fauzy. Everyone has a few words for the press before heading to the track. The kart was specially prepared by John. The bumpers were painted with green and stickers were on it. Looks fantastic. The karts were fitted with Yamaha 100cc engines complete with electric starters. Basically the same specs with the Yamaha SL cup. It was rainy that day and those guys just drove it with slick tires on. Trulli was not out on the track due to some reasons. So Hekki, Fairuz and Tony took the karts and had real fun out there. Hekki even did a 360 degree spin on purpose for show at the main straight and just before the right hairpin after the parabola. Fantastic~! And the best part of the day, I took my Arai helmet and ask for the driver's autograph. So now my helmet is official Alien Lotus helmet~~! Woohoo~!!

No comments: