Saturday, May 16, 2009

5th Placing - CK125 Open

For the first time, I joined the CK125 Open. I was given the Swiss Hutless Magic chassis and a P4 Rotax Max Engine to race among the rest. The engine is consistently reving 14000 and above. During my practice, I was only able to close 56.oo sec and was queued at 6th row. The front runners are doing the 55s. Heat 1, was able to do some overtaking. Heat 2, started at row 5. Must better start this time and manage to climb all the way to 2nd row. Heat 3 was delayed because the rain came pouring down. And now the track is wet. With less experience on the wet, I was sliding every where and lose many places. So sad. All the effort climbing from row 6 to row 2, gone in a second. Final heat, started back at where I started again - row 6. Gave all I got at this final heat and manage to overtake some drivers and make my way to 5th place. Would have been 4th place if I didn't make a small mistake. Anyway, the race was interesting yet exciting. It was my first race outside my karting club races - myKart. Can't wait for the next round. Shall gain more experience in the next round.

Congratulations to my team mates from Alien Racing Team for conquering the podium. First was Hanif, then Sifu Naza and the newly recruited Mumu. Congratulations guys~ I will catch up to you guys soon.

Pictures by Tarmizi Nazarudin

No comments: